joi, 14 martie 2013

Habemus Papam...

photo from The Guardian
       Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum; habemus Papam: Eminentissimum ac Reverendissimum Dominum, Dominum Georgium Marium Sanctae Romanae Ecclesiae Cardinalem Bergoglio qui sibi nomen imposuit Franciscum.

       As much as I was stunned and sorry for the retreat of Pope Benedict XVI from the Papal Chair, I am also surprised by the election of our new one: Francis. But maybe, like Crisis Magazine is stating, this
"is as close to the perfect bridge between the rapidly fading European era of the Church and the rising era of the global south as the cardinal-electors were likely to find".
       Indeed, like stated in this article which really made me smile (viciously), "Who would have guessed that the new pope would be a Catholic?", especially when everybody thaught that, after the leave of Benedict XVI, a younger and more modern Pope would be elected???? And instead, not without seeing myself this as a diplomatic blow as I might say, the new pope is even more traditional and conservative than the old one?? I would have to say a heartily "Way to go, Vatican!"
        On the same note, here is an article that shows the dissapointment of many as regards to the election of Pope Francis. I am thinking just "what were they thinking?" The Church did not survive for 2.000 years bacause it bent to the will of every new state chief or even the mob...but because it has done exactly the same thing during all this time. Have they no better arguments then the accusations of pedophillia, bribe and connections to the Mafia?? Do they really expect us to believe that I don't know which cardinal had connections to who knows who whom in his turn had connections to the Mafia? Really? I am sorry to dissapoint, but many of us are past beyond that, beyond believing rumours or caring for politic parties...

       Let us hope and pray that the new Father will be strong enough to face the strong "winds" that the Catholic Chrch is bracing itself againts for some time now...
       To me, he looks very capable...


I'll have to watch some Vatican related movies, this whole debate has opened my appetite for this genre....

Thanks for dropping by!
Bisous!


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu