miercuri, 22 mai 2013

food for thy soul...

I just stumbled upon this article on my favourite radio station site; because I was mad that my Winamp has gone berzerk and I can't listen to Classif FM anymore. Anyways, I will have to dig deeper into this problem, I am really not a tech wizard, I hate searching and searching for the right solution, but when it involves stuff like this, when I can't listen to something I want, then I get stubborn and dig and dig to find the solution....
Anyway, did you know that some of the best and most awesome classical music pieces were inspired by flowers???

like Leo Delibes' opera "Lakmé":

...inspired by the "Duet" Dhalia:
photo credits




Frederick Delius' "Walk to the Paradise Garden" :
inspired of course, by the Parisian Gardens:
credits
Tchaikowsky's "Walz of the Flowers" :
inspired by no particular flower, but on the same page....

Then there's Giacomo Puccini's "Crisantemi":
 ...inspired, of course, by Chrysanthemes:
source
Then there's Gabriel Fauré's "Les Roses d'Ispahan":
...inspired by roses, of course:
source


Then there's Herbert Howells' "A spotless Rose" which is somewhat more interesting, the verses come from an anonymus writer...and were put on music by several composers...
Have I told you I love choir music? those many voices interwining....absolutely divine!

Then there's Debussy's "Bruyeres"... which means heathland, field...etc
Another one of my all time favourite operas is Carmen, by George Bizet, and the passage "La Fleur que tu m'avais jetee" this is one that I literally know by heart some of the passages... I chose Pavarotti's
Then the article speaks of  a beautiful Irish folk song  gathered into a collection by Benjamin Britten...have I mentioned this genre is one of my all-time fave?

Then there's Schumann's "Dichterliebe"...translated something like Love in verses, or Verses of Love...beautifully talking about the month of May, with buds bursting, with flowers and all that...and the romantic lines "from my tears spring flowers"...thi is trully a wonderful song:

This list goes on and on and on...as nature is the most wonderful muse there can be, and next comes love...The article refers to much more pieces, but I didn't want to make the longest post ever...if anybody would like to hear all the songs inspired by flowers and nature in general, you can find them all on my youtube channel: annek1983.

In the meantime, I have accessto Classic FM also!! Yupeeee!

As my post writing stretches during the whole day, I have enough time to chage moods, and right now I am thinking of the poor people in Oklahoma, my heart goes out to them, but all I can do is pray for them....
Let's appreciate the spiritual and material things we have, and never forget it can all dissappear in a blink of an eye.
Bisous!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu